Wednesday, August 22, 2012

August 22, 2012 (39 Days Left)



        It’s pouring rain right now in Costa Rica. Caitie is at Puda Vida Church singing with Alex and Lizzie. Josh is practicing his finger picking on guitar. I’m sitting outside on a rocking chair. Our landlord's two dogs have adopted us now. Newton comes to me when I whistle to him and licks me till I push him away. Kayla is sitting outside of Josh’s apartment like a proud mama lion. Corey’s sheets hang on the clothesline. A familiar smell comes to me- like salt air on Cape Cod. I think of my grandfather and miss my youth. The rain makes me feel safe, like I’m closed into this little box, being hugged by the Lord. The thunder reminds me of who is in control. If I had to imagine the awe-struck terrifying glorious wonder of the Lord Almighty who spoke existence into being- I would imagine thunder would be a small scale of his presence. Yet the Lord speaks to us in gentle whispers. How mighty and mysterious is the One true living God. How curious that he loves us sinners so much as to do everything for us…to live as a human for us… and to die for us.
         I think of my time here in Costa Rica. It was hard. July was a hard month, it seemed to drag on and on. But now, entering August, it is hard to believe that it is already almost September, our month of returning to the States. But God is the master of time, and all things are in his complete control. There have been a lot of tears, a lot of brokenness, and a lot of joy and encouragement. All of the days of frustration and confusion melted away yesterday at Potter’s Field. One of the girls who comes every other week, Cindy, came and sat down next to me on the couch. She put her arm around me and whispered in my ear, “Te quiero mucho Megan.” My whole entire world could have stopped and I would only have one thing left to do to be complete- Praise Jesus.
        Tonight as I walked the muddy road from the church back to the apartments I found I didn’t have my usual heavy load on my shoulders. I am excited for the rest of my life. –and for me to die is GAIN!!!!! Jesus, thank you for this experience. Thank you for the hard lessons, thank you for everything that has brought me closer to you. I pray you continue to have your heart and hands on Costa Rica. I ask that you strengthen the next team to come as well as your servants here and their families.
        What do you have next for me I wonder Lord? I know things aren’t always clear-cut, but I trust you with my life. And you are always good. Even when things are bad Father, you are good.
         You are a mighty healer Lord. Continue to teach us, continue to train us, and continue to pour out your new mercies upon us every morning. I love you Abba, Father. I pray this faithfully and with thanksgiving and praise and expectation. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment