Monday, August 27, 2012

Birthday IBS


August 27, 2012
1 Corinthians 7:3- “The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.”

Interpretation: What does this mean? And what, exactly is my marital duty to my husband? Ephesians 5:22 says, “Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord,” and verse 33 says, “However, each of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” I am called to submit to my husband as to the Lord and also to respect him. In our culture the word “submit” sends shudders down our spines and can even put a feeling of slavery into our heads. But we must break this down Biblically. In the Godhead, there is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. While all being separate, they are all one. In life, the Son submitted to the Father his whole entire walk, even to death on a cross. But it is important to bring to light that the Father loved the Son, and lead him to the cross only to resurrect him and bring life to all who believed. Submission can be slavery; Think of how often we submit to our sin. We know from John 8:34 that, "Everyone who sins is a slave to sin." But submission to the right constraints brings freedom. As a wife, I must be ready to die to myself and submit to the Godly man who will be my head, as Christ is the head of the church. When I do this as to the Lord, knowing with my own Spiritual discernment that the Lord will put someone who is hearing from Him in charge of my family, there will be peace. Love is more than just a feeling, love is strong, and unshakable, and committed. It is my duty to be all of these things to my husband, trusting that God has the right man for me who is going to give everything up for me, just as Christ did for the church.

Application: I will pray for a chance to submit to my authority today, as unto the Lord, and will do it joyfully knowing I am serving the living God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment