Thursday, March 15, 2012

I have only done my Duty


3/2/2012
Luke 17:10- “So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, “We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.”

Interpretation: I have said a lot of things about what I’m going to say or do when I enter heaven. I think they’re all pretty cliché, like, “When I get to heaven, I’m gonna have a couple questions for you God.” Or saying I’m gonna dance around but…

You created the stars Father,
So all this beauty could be ours, Father.
I’m gonna sing to you, and you’re gonna listen to me.
You watch me like a hawk
With patience like a broken watch
I gaze at your creation,
And you gaze back at me.
You hear me when I cry,
And bottle up my tears until my face is dry.
You sweat blood for me, a master, a servant,
I didn’t deserve it. 

And then, after all that,
You took throne of my heart, sat
And you never grow tired of hearing my voice
God you love me so I can rejoice.
And my love for you is a small tarnished penny,
But you take my mustard seed and turn it to plenty.
You created the stars Lord, set the earth into orbit
And kept your eyes carefully upon it.
We have never been alone.
You send the rain to flourish life
Blood and water forgive strife
You even let me be your wife.

Rags to riches, sin to saint
The only way to appreciate
Is to bend and flex and move in the breeze of your call
Surrender it all.
A sweet smelling aroma of living sacrifice
Take my weaknesses and shine.
You stretched out the heavens and you’ll never forget us.
You,
The maker of everything from nothing,
The very essence of your existence is excellence,
every action, thought, and good and perfect gift from above.
You are the gift of love.
Let me love you with all of my heart, mind, and soul
Though I’m just a worthless speck of pointless
Floating down a sinkhole.
You are glory you are light,
You’re victory in the fight,
Though you’re peace you are still might,
You’re creation is raw and beautiful,
And all your words are right.

What can I say to you when I give you an account for my years?
You’re presence drops me to my knees in tears,
I don’t deserve a thank you, for truly
I am an unworthy servant, and have only done my duty.

Application: I will turn this into a song by next Friday and if my team is willing ask them to help be a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment