Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wait


2/29/2012
Luke 17:8- “Would he not rather say, ‘Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may eat and drink’?”

Interpretation: We are servants of the Lord, and He has told us to build his kingdom on earth and be prepared for his return. After He is finished with His work, we may find eternal rest in Heaven with Him. A lot of people, including myself, have been found yearning for the return of Christ. Since the time in Acts 1:6 when the disciples asked Jesus, “Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?” Jesus’ replied in v. 7-8, “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” In Matthew 28:19 Jesus gives the call to the great commission, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Revelation 19:9 says an angel told John to write, “Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” We are invited to that supper, and it is our job as servants of the Lord to prepare that supper for Him by responding to the call of the great commission and co-labor with God to bring as many souls to repentance and faith in Christ as is asked of us. Jesus tells us in Mark 13:33 about his return, saying, “Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.” We are to prepare the Lord’s supper, and also get ourselves ready by ever abiding in the Spirit and staying aware to what is going on around us, looking for the signs of the return of Christ while ever-continuing to obey what is asked of us, and wait on God while He eats and drinks. When everything has been played out to the fullest, and God’s will is entirely completed, Jesus will return to us and we may finally eat and drink with him at the supper of the Lamb. Until then, we must continue to walk step by step following the Lord’s lead in the faith that God will complete the good work he has begun in us, and follow what Paul says in Acts 20:24, “However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying the gospel of God’s grace.”

Application: There are so many more people that God has put on my heart to write letters to and pray for. I wrote my brother a letter two weeks ago and he hasn’t responded, I will write him again today because God has put him in my life to love him and true love never fails. We don’t have a relationship, but I refuse to give up and let the enemy win his soul. I will ask God to write this letter through me, and after that I will know the rest is in God’s hands and in his timing, and I’ll wait for the next step. 

No comments:

Post a Comment