Monday, January 23, 2012

IBS: Everyone

1/9/2012

Acts 2:43 - "Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles."

Interpretation: Everyone was filled with awe, the Holy Spirit has been made available to all believers for the first time in history. Not only were the apostles filled with awe, but I like how everyone was. It goes along with what we are learning in out perspectives class, how Jesus died for everyone, and if and when we do spend time devoted to the word, in fellowship, breaking bread, and in prayer, then more people would be able to understand what Christ is doing for us and be able to participate in the awe-filled, mind-blowing experience that is walking with Christ. Also, it says many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. That just makes me wonder what we are really capable of when we are of one accord and backed by the Spirit. Everything was new and powerful and exciting and thats how I want it to be now. If we took advantage of the time we have together here at the ranch to spend time on prayer and be in the word we could accomplish amazing things by the work of our God, and everyone could be amazed. I think of my friends and family who don't know the Lord, but even if people don't know Him they can still see the love we have for each other and desire it for themselves. 1 John 4:12 says, "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."

Application: I need to pray more with these friends God is blessing me with, instead of just talking about worries or excitement I want to give it back to God with the people I'm with to shape us as one accord so God can do amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment