Monday, January 23, 2012

IBS: One Day at a Time

1/12/2012

Acts 2:46- "So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart."

Today will be the fourth day out of ten that I haven't broken down and sobbed, crying to the Lord. So far. As of now, that doesn't really matter. I couldn't imagine what the apostles were feeling. I'm sure there were tears as 3,000 people came to Christ through repentance. Or while miracles and wonders happened, or while goods were sold so that everyones needs could be filled. But no matter what the emotions, they continued on daily. They stayed in one accord, they stayed in the temple, they continued to break bread and pray to God prayers of gratefulness for what they had. Today was a good day for me, and I was even able to pour into some of the other interns here. But I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I think of when Peter walks on water, headed towards Jesus. He is actually walking on the water until he looks around and starts realizing what is happening and seeing the winds he begins to sink and cries out, "Lord, help me!" Jesus grabs him by the arm and says, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" I want to keep my eyes on Jesus, I want to continue to daily keep in the word and in fellowship and continue being grateful for everything that is happening in my life right now. I want to walk by faith, not by feelings; go day by day and continue to be happy no matter what the circumstances of my day are.

Application: I need to walk on water by keeping my eyes on Jesus. By staying in the word I can keep my mind off my feelings, and keep it focused on the good Jesus is doing! I will do my devotion book today, I haven't opened it since sat. Amen sista brotha woo-hooo

No comments:

Post a Comment