Monday, January 23, 2012

IBS: God or Money?

1/11/2012

Acts 2:45- "Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he has need."

Interpretation: The apostles and believers were all walking together and were all of one accord under the direction of the Holy Spirit. In Matthew 6:24, Jesus says, "You cannot serve both God and money." Because we live in a Godless society, it makes me think, well hm, what are most of the people in the world serving!? In 1 Timothy 6:10 it is written, "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil." Here, the believers are selling their things and giving to everyone as they had need. It makes it even clearer to me how one cannot serve both God and money. Right now I don't have the full funds to even finish my time at the ranch, but I have the faith my God is going to provide for me! I think about how people were given to as they had need. I think about how some people say if they won the lottery they would donate some, or they would give more if they got more, but God sees the hearts of people. It is awesome here how the believers are serving God. They are setting aside the attractions of the world in order to meet the needs of others. Dead men don't have rights...

Application: The Lord laid it on our hearts to begin a change jar. Just to put in any money whenever we see it. I am going to continue to add change to our "jar for change" because I know that my God can make a lot from a little, so I will add more today in the faith that he will provide for all of our needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment