Sunday, February 5, 2012

Faith


1/30/2012
Acts 3:6- “Then Peter said, ‘silver and gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk.’”

Interpretation: Here Peter is talking to a lame man who sat outside of the temple at the gate every day begging for money. When Peter approached the man he was quick to tell him that he did not have what he was asking for, but without hesitation he followed by saying something amazing. He commanded this man to get up and walk, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. This story is amazing. I wonder how often I have my hand stretched out to God for one certain thing day after day after day. And I think about the way I feel when I realize that I’m not going to get what I want. But then- out of nowhere- I get something so amazing that is not only what I need, but something that I would have wanted more than what I THOUGHT I wanted in the first place. I love the reaction of the lame man. He stands up. He could be offended by Paul’s command, or he could retreat into despair at his words. But there was something beautiful inside this lame man, something that knew the power of Jesus and took a step of faith without forethought. I want to be able to receive what God has for me, and actually recognize it when he is trying to hand it right to me!

Application: I will spend some extra time in the word by doing my daily devotion tonight. I will pray and write to God to continue revealing His will to me so that when small opportunities arises I will take them in confidence and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment