Thursday, February 23, 2012

Truth


2/7/2012
John 8:32- “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”

Interpretation: Think of Pontius Pilate’s infamous question “what is truth?” In John 14:6 Jesus states “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” So Jesus is truth. So Pontius Pilate is really asking here, “what is Jesus?” Some say your truth is your truth and my truth is my truth. This translates in God’s eyes to your god is your god and my god is my god. Some say two things that completely contradict each other are truth, equating to God can be evil and Satan can be not so bad. Relativism. Good people go to heaven. There are no absolutes. There is no God. Satan did something to our generation to twist our beliefs on truth. What he really accomplished by doing this is getting a generation to twist their beliefs on Jesus and on God from who they really are. We disguise our philosophies with fancy scientific terms, but there is an underlying spiritual aspect to every stance we take. Truth is simple. Truth is, when the truth is counted out as an option there is hopelessness, depression, and despair. So if we cling to Jesus’ teaching we will know Him. And He shall make us free. And what is freedom if we deny we are in bondage? People want to say that they are free, yet we ache from the inside out until we come to know truth for what it is. There has to be an absolute truth in this world. Even people saying, “There is no truth” contradict themselves, for if there was no truth, wouldn’t it be true that there was no truth? People want to push the boundaries and ask “what is truth?” but at the same time there is something causing an anxiety in the inside of their hearts, pushing them to find truth, to find reality, to find purpose. Without truth we are lost, with no direction and no meaning in this world. Without Jesus, we are stuck in our chains, denying we’re even oppressed by something greater than what we can handle ourselves. So then why do we cry when there is an injustice done to us? We feel the pain of lies and the repercussions of denying truth daily. And only knowing the truth can set our souls free. Jesus holds the keys.

Application: I will pray about God showing me things I need to be set free of in my life, and memorize John 8:31-35 by the end of this week. I want to hold more of God’s dynamite truth in my heart because I desire my soul to be free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment