Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's All Gonna Burn


1/18/2012

Mark 8:36- “What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?”

Interpretation: I love this scripture. In this world people are so easily led away from the truth to please their own earthly desires. It seems like once you have a little, however, you always want more. That’s how our flesh works, always hungry and never satisfied. I remember clearly times I would go shopping and be so happy for a week, but by then the new would have gotten old and I’d be itching to go back out and buy more. And if I had more money, I would have bought more. It’s easy to see then how someone could, with enough lies and money, gain the whole world. And on one hand I can see why they would want to. But if Jesus is saying forfeit their soul, and that this life is but a vapor, and that satan is here only to steal, kill, and destroy, then it motivates me even more to lost the life I thought I knew. It encourages me to be “poor in spirit,” meaning so free of every attachment to the material, and so in love with God alone that surely all of my treasures will wait for me in Heaven.

Application: I’m fasting coffee today. Sick of my flesh trying to get a buzz off a coco bean. Whoever doesn’t say we are rotten sinnahs is in radical denial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment