Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wee ahh Fammiily


1/272012
1 Corinthians 12:11- “All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.”

Interpretation: God gives each believer a gift just as he determines. They are all the gift of the same Holy Spirit, and are all given for the common good. Because God is the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega, the great unchangeable I Am, He sees it all. He knows tomorrow as much as He knows yesterday, and will give gifts according to the common good of the body of Christ. The gifts of the Spirit evaluation showed that my highest gift was pastoral/shepherd, then evangelism, and then administration. My lowest gift was that of mercy while some others had a very high merciful score. It is easy to think, “wow, I wish I was higher on that one,” but this scripture makes it very clear that God is giving us these gifts as He determines. And only someone who is outside of time and sees what happens on earth as a whole could make a good judge of who gets what gift, seeing the needs of His kingdom before we were even created. Paul paints a picture in verse 14, which makes this clear saying, “The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body.” These gifts were given for building up the church and empowering the body of believers so that when used correctly and with awareness in the one Holy Spirit, God receives all of the glory that He deserves.

Application: I want to pray to thank God for the gifts He gave me, and pray for them to become sharpened in the next two months. I will also pray and ask for mercy because I know if He gave me the heart of an evangelist administrative shepherd, I am going to need to learn how to step back and hear others out.

No comments:

Post a Comment