Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spread the Love!


1/19/2012
Mark 8:38- “If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”

Interpretation: Jesus mentions something like this in Matthew 10: 32-33 when he says, “Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before men, I will disown him before my Father in heaven.” Both of these scriptures have a little you reap what you sew type of ring to them. They also go hand in hand, likely if you are ashamed of Jesus and his words you are not going to acknowledge him before men in this adulterous and sinful generation. Paul says in Romans 1:16, “I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes.” If we are ashamed of the gospel, and God esteems His word higher than His own name, and Jesus in John 1 is called “the word,” and in John 14:6 refers to himself as the “truth,” then we are being warned here to not be ashamed of the truth. We live in an adulterous and sinful generation; that is the truth! And like Paul, we should not be ashamed of the gospel, but excited because it is the power of salvation for all who believe! So why be ashamed of spreading the truth that is the mind-blowing, life-changing word of God that saves all who believe? If people are so quick to spread their false doctrine, why would we be slow to spread the gospel?

Application: God has laid it on my heart to write a letter to my brother about what I am doing and pray for his salvation and for our relationship to be restored. I love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment