Thursday, February 23, 2012

Slavery


2/9/2012
John 8:34- “Jesus replied, ‘I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.’”

Interpretation: Well- plenty of lies running around in my head apparently. I don’t know how much God loves me + don’t understand my value to Him. I never admitted or confessed or realized that sleeping with my ex- boyfriend was sin and now that I understand that I have been a slave to this sin since the night it happened, I was able to ask for forgiveness and God is setting me free. I am being set free of the deep-rooted lie that I am only good for sex. In my group of friends I was the last one to be with a boy (and I say boy because they certainly aren’t men), and I haven’t done, by God’s grace, half the things they have with half the people. In my mind on the horizontal playing field I was doing pretty good. But the vertical was chewing me up and spitting me back out again, spinning me into a cycle of believing in a lie, and chasing after the answers in the wrong places. I want to focus on myself again. And I don’t mean my self, my flesh, my wants and egotistical desires; I am just talking about who God made me to be. God made me good, MY sin messed that up. I am asking God to restore that innocence that was stolen from me by a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I have been a slave to a sin I didn’t even know I struggled with, and guilt that I didn’t even know I was bearing. I want to be set free and Christ is doing it by revealing to me my worth in Him. I don’t need to be anything I am not, God loves me the way He made me. Truth is, He made me a good girl. And I believed a lie that I was not good enough. And I have been a slave to the sin I used to call “fun,” thinking I am free and healed, but being dictated by a lie I bought into five years ago and controlled by the pain of the sin that lie lead me to. And I am giving Him these issues knowing that He promises to make chaste beauty out of my ashes. We all have ashes. Lets address them and let God take them. We all have our crosses to bear; my heart was ripped out of my chest as a girl. And now as the woman God needs me to be, I need to let God heal me and seek Him and be the virtuous young lady He intended for me, I need to let Him make me clean like He promises to do. My spirit is being set free by Jesus Christ! Without Jesus we might be able to make these heavy chains more comfortable, masking or forgetting our shame with anything that will fit the vacuum, but He is the only one with the keys to completely liberate us. It’s forgiveness, it’s truth, it’s freedom, it’s Christ.

Application: I am praying for God to fix my heart. I want to be genuine. I want to be set free. 1 Peter 3:3-4 “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment