Thursday, June 7, 2012

1 Corinthians It Is


April 29, 2012
1 Corinthians 1:1- “Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes.”

Interpretation: Paul is writing a letter to the church in Corinth. He addresses himself as an apostle of Christ Jesus and brings up that it is the will of God. It was the will of God for me to be his servant and soldier of Christ Jesus just as much as it was his will for Paul. I have been praying since I came to Costa Rica for God’s will to be done in me everyday. I don’t know what his long-term plans are but I know I am supposed to be obedient to him day by day, and when I walk in joyful obedience his will is completed in me. I have done a lot of things out of my own fleshly desires and strengths but when I act outside of God’s will my actions turn back to the dust from which they came.

Application: I will memorize Romans 12:2 by tomorrow in order to strengthen my walk in God’s will. (Romans 12:2- “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is- his good, pleasing, and perfect will.”)

No comments:

Post a Comment