Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jesus is the very wisdom of God


May 15, 2012
1 Corinthians 1:24- “…But to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”

Interpretation: Proverbs 1:7- “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.” Proverbs1:20- “Wisdom calls aloud in the street, she raises her voice in the public squares.” Proverbs 2:12- “Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse.” Proverbs 3:13- “Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding…” Proverbs 3:19- “By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place.” Proverbs 8.

Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. I remember being 15 and the only parts of the Bible I would read were Proverbs, the Psalms, and Job. I was so entranced by wisdom. I saw it as very valuable, and I would often ask God for it. It is cool that Christ IS the power of God, and he IS the wisdom of God. I asked God for wisdom, and he gave me Christ. I ask God for strength and it goes back to the glory of the savior. Everything in history points forward, while everything today points back, and it all leads to the cross. I don't need long drawn out speech, I only need to tell of the cross, of Christ, and use Jesus as my power and wisdom. His words, his life and resurrection. Jesus conquered death! That is great news!

Application: I will post another scripture as my status today, knowing it is God who changes hearts. [Matt 5:16!]

No comments:

Post a Comment