Monday, June 11, 2012

Pruning hurts but leads to flowers


June 11, 2012
1 Corinthians 3:3- “You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men?”

Interpretation: So this is God speaking right to me. Jealousy and quarreling are still a part of me, and so I am acting as mere man. I think that the devil gets you to believe lies- minute by minute- that draw you back to worldliness and away from the life God wants you to live. We forget that we have been saved by grace- we don’t deserve anything we have. We look around at the church and try to match up ourselves to their standards; We put ourselves in a hierarchy and try to climb to the top. We still want to be number one. But Jesus says in John 13:14, “Now that I, your Lord and teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet.” There should be no jealousy, there should be no quarreling, these things are a result of keeping the flesh alive and not fully surrendering to the Spirit of Christ, who died to live in us. We all know that living by the Spirit bears the fruit that leads to life, so why do we get suckered into living as worldly when we already know living by the world bears fruit that leads only to death? God, help me to abide in you, so that you will abide in me. Help me to continue to die to myself daily in order that your everlasting love can shine through me to the world for your glory. Thank you Jesus for your word, Amen.

Application: I will stay off facebook this afternoon and instead spend time reading and doing productive things for the Lord.  

1 comment: