Thursday, June 7, 2012

Got It


May 30, 2012
1 Corinthians 2:7- “No, we speak of God’s secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began.”

Interpretation: We speak about Jesus. Some people do not know Jesus, but before time began Jesus was destined for our glory. Our glory is in Christ, not in ourselves. God, I need help. I have all of these heart issues and no idea how to get a handle on them. I don’t want to be like this much longer- let alone for the rest of my life. I ask you to change me Lord, to change my heart so I can freely love others just as you loved me; So I can love you with all of my heart, mind, and soul, and not care what others think. I want to serve your Spirit living within me, but I keep fueling my flesh. I don’t know how to put this fire out, but I know that you can. Please show your mercy to me, I need it fresh every day. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit and lend me your eyes, your heart, and your ears for discernment and wisdom. Why am I so angry? Why do I refuse to let people in? Why do my relationships with the people I’m closest to- I end up pushing away? God eradicate this, I am tired of this anger…please send me to the root of it and lets conquer it together. I want to be a light, not this dark selfish love-sucker. I want to be a giver. I need your life, and your light, and please lead me to the answers I need. Thank you God, for you are faithful. I want to be a pleasure + a joy! …Not a burden! Please show me how to do this, please do this work in me Father. I recognize that I have these issues and I have probably had them for a long time and I have no idea how to handle them or get rid of them. But I know that you have the power to make this change in me. Please hold my hand Lord. Thank you Jesus for listening to my prayer, and always knowing the words of my heart before they even leave my mouth. Amen.

Application: Confess to Caitie what is on my heart, ask for forgiveness, and continue on.

No comments:

Post a Comment