Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Remember


3/21/2012
Matthew 11:4- “Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see:”

Interpretation: Jesus wanted John’s disciples to report to him what they heard and saw. This would not only build John’s faith, but build the disciples faith as well. John in this case was found doubting Jesus, even as a man of the highest significance within the group of the prophets. The disciples were putting their faith in action as they approached Jesus expecting a preferable answer. Right now I am sure I have people who believe in Jesus yet may have their doubts about all he can do, especially in my own life. In 7 days I am flying home to spend a week and a half with my mom, dad, and brother. I am so excited to report to them all I have seen and heard. My mom is a believer and, I’m sure like John the Baptist, anxiously awaits positive news. But I can also imagine, that like John, she has her doubts about the new person God has created me as. It can be discouraging to be a new creation and have others constantly line up their assumptions based on the “dead man.” This is especially difficult when it is someone who plays such an important role in your life. My father knows of the Lord but has never asked Him into his heart, and the last conversation with my brother ended around, “That’s good for you, just not for me.” It will be very important for me, therefore, to stay grounded in the Spirit and tell everything that I saw and heard, just the way it happened.

Application: I have experienced God moving so much in the past 3 months I don’t even know where to begin. I know that retelling stories and God-oincidences is going to heighten my faith as I remember all of the good things God has done in me. Tonight I will write out 10 main points that I want to share with my family when I go home, to increase their faith as well as solidify mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment