Thursday, June 7, 2012

Get It Elijah


May 22, 2012
1 Corinthians 1:31- “Therefore, as it is written: ‘Let him who boasts boast in the Lord.’”

Interpretation: There are so many things that I have done that I love to talk about. I love swapping stories about the past as well as talking about the things God has brought me out of. But what gets me the most excited? The things God has done or God himself? How does one boast in the Lord? By speaking of him of course! The only thing I have the actual right to brag about IS my God, because my God is greater, stronger, and better over all life! Think of how much Elijah boasted about God to the 450 prophets of Baal. He didn’t hold back! He must have boasted in the Lord because he was so confident in him. And his confidence must have come from a relationship based in trust. I think I don’t boast about my God enough because I’m scared that I won’t know what to say or that I’ll misrepresent him. But, as it speaks about earlier in this chapter, our human words mean nothing in comparison to the word of God. No need to hesitate over sharing the truth :) ...It's GOOD NEWS! I love good news!

Application: Do things unto the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment