Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yup


May 27, 2012
1 Corinthians 2:4- “My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power…”

Interpretation: I always feel like I have to rely on myself to pull up the right answers at the right time or to say the perfect thing to someone in order to point them closer towards God. But by doing this I am not demonstrating the Spirit’s power and thereby not glorifying God by letting his glory work in me. Sometimes I definitely rely on the Spirit but for the most part I think that I try and work things out my own way. This reminds me of John 14:26 which says, “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” It is the Holy Spirit himself who just brought that scripture back to my mind in order that the Father may be glorified. Paul’s power lied in his relationship with the Lord, it lied in his weakness, and upon his dependence on the Father. This is encouraging to me and I am excited to continue on my work by the power of God, not by my own knowledge or what I would consider wisdom.

Application: Memorize 1 Corinthians 2:4-5, and John 14:26.

No comments:

Post a Comment