Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I'm bad at creative titles but...


3/22/2012
Galatians 6:6- “Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.”

Interpretation: I like this verse. Matthew 10:24-25 says, “A student is not above his teacher, not a servant above his master. It is enough for the student to be like his teacher, and the servant like his master.” So why must we share all good things with our instructor? I think of the friends I have who have gone up to the altar call by God’s lead in me inviting them to church, and His Spirit moving them to grab my hand and go up front and accept him. He has used me in this way many times, and each one is a blessing and an honor. Sometimes that is all there is, an altar call and then they don’t make it back to church. Sometimes they come a few times more, but there are a few, who are so precious to me in a different way than the others, because they actually let God change them. They are receiving instruction in the word, and when they hear good things, I love it when they share it with me! It is so amazing for me to see how God is working in a life, and that is just one reason why we should share all good things with our instructor. Also, in case there was any confusion and need for correction, the teacher could redirect the path of the student. I think of people who have instructed me in the word, my mother, my pastor, and the staff here. They must be so proud of us when we actually let God do work in our lives.

Application: Today I will write a letter to Cortney explaining good things I have learned since I have been here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment