Thursday, June 7, 2012

Doin' Work


April 30, 2012
1 Corinthians 1:2- “To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Interpretation: I love how Paul writes that his letter also goes to all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. This letter is truly for us, as well as the church in Corinth some 2,000 years ago. We are all called to be holy. I have heard that salvation takes a moment but sanctification takes a lifetime. It is interesting to me that I can see this refreshing process at work in my life. It surely is a process. After I cut drinking and drugs out of my life I thought I was going to be all set- but God continued digging through my heart- envy, selfishness, pride, things that God sees on the inside and so amazingly wants to replace with his love and truth. I pray for my heart to stay soft, understanding, and non-judgmental  to those who haven’t had this work yet begun in them because we’re all the same before receiving the grace of our Lord Jesus.

Application: I will pray tonight for strength for all of the believers in the places God has them and for strength in their trials (El Salvador + Africa teams)

No comments:

Post a Comment