Thursday, June 7, 2012

Beautiful


May 10, 2012
1 Corinthians 1:19- “For it is written: ‘I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.’” (Isaiah 29:14)

Interpretation: God will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and frustrate the intelligence of the intelligent. I feel like so often I have to do something wise and smart to stand up for Christ. On facebook I see people’s statuses about things of this world- how life is bad or how they want Obama to be re-elected. I feel like I have all of these opportunities to be a light- but usually when I say something I am outnumbered because the “wisdom” and “intelligence” of the world is made complete in ignorance. This verse makes me joyful though because I know that lies are illogical, and when people believe in them they will all have to eventually be frustrated and destroyed! God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, and makes fools of the smartest of men. I so often feel like when I read these statuses I am being personally attacked and so my flesh wants to lash out in anger. But Jesus said in John 15:18-19, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” WOW how refreshing! So yes, there are opportunities to be a shining light and a grain of salt, but we do not have to take the weight of the world upon our own shoulders. God is the one, by his word and his cross and his power, who is going to destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the intelligence of the intelligent he will frustrate.

Application: I will post 1 Corinthains 1:18 as my status and know that if anyone says anything foolish, I can come back to this and speak the truth in love and rejoice that the truth is going out + will accomplish the purpose for which God sent it, never returning void! This is the Lord’s battle, and my weapon is his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment