Monday, June 18, 2012

Contentment in Spiritual Gardening


June 18, 2012
1 Corinthians 3:10- “By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds.”

Interpretation: Paul is talking about how it is foolishness to claim to follow a certain person rather than God himself. He uses the example of how some may plant seeds, while others water them, but it is always God who makes anything grow. In relation to constructing a house, Paul says that he laid a foundation as an expert builder, for the foundation is Jesus Christ. It is awesome and encouraging to me to read that the great Paul understood that it is not important who plants, who waters, who lays the foundation, or who builds, for it is God who finishes everything and uses whom he will to complete his work. So many times I want to see the finished product, I want to plant the seed and water it and have fruit and flowers the next day. I want to lay the foundation, build the walls, and be the one who brings a house warming gift later that afternoon. God is reminding me to be faithful in the work he has put before me. To trust him with the finished products, and to do faithfully the appointed daily tasks he lays before me. Paul also says that we should be careful how we build. If the foundation is Jesus Christ, should not also the walls and ceiling be to the glory of God? We are a temple of the Lord; A dwelling place for the Holy Spirit. Nothing else matters beyond this.

Application: I will practice my guitar today working on worship songs to be sure that I am continually building Jesus on top of my foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment