Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tabernacle


June 25, 2012
1 Corinthians 3:17- “If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him: for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.”

Interpretation: The Holy Spirit dwells inside of me. He makes himself comfortable to tabernacle among us, his small but important creation. How do I treat my temple? I used to destroy it. God says in Ephesians 5:18, “Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.” I used to drink and ruin the organs God gave me. I used to go tanning and destroy the healthy skin God gave me. I used to do drugs and all sorts of things that were hazardous to the one temple of the Holy Spirit that God gave me to take care of. Now that I am no longer in the dark, God is revealing more, less obvious ways He wants me to change to build up this temple and maximize it for what it is worth. Do I get enough sleep so that I can feel the prompts of the Spirit who resides inside of me? Do I drink enough water and eat enough whole, natural foods from the earth? Do I exercise and take care of the body He gave me? Do I grieve the Holy Spirit by my thoughts or actions? All of these things I am learning to do, and with the faithfulness and goodness of Jesus, they will come to completion.

Application: I will go running today in my mid-day break 

No comments:

Post a Comment